Microsoft today released Edge Dev 91.0.838.3, a new build for Insiders. This is an important version of Edge for Linux users, as it is the first version of the browser with synchronization and Microsoft account enabled by default on Linux.
There are also a number of new options and improvements for this build. Let’s take a look at the change log.
What’s new in Microsoft Edge Dev 91.0.838.3
- Fixed a startup crash that occurred when Edge allowed websites to send desktop notifications.
- Fixed an issue with a Mac where child mode wasn’t always working.
- Fixed an issue where videos on Netflix would sometimes not play with error message D7353.
- Fixed bug where copying text from PDF files containing protected information caused a crash.
- Fixed browser crash when opening child mode.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on the . Menu in PWAs or on websites installed as applications crashed the browser.
- Fixed a crash when navigating to a file: URLs.
- Fixed bug where a web widget wouldn’t load and just indicated something was wrong.
- Fixed a bug where the web widget would sometimes not open when Edge was not open.
- Fixed an issue where the browser used too much memory the longer it was open.
- Fixed an issue where the F12 Dev Tools console was sometimes completely empty.
- Fixed an issue where tabs in IE mode never came out of sleep mode even when clicked.
- Fixed an issue where the table of contents in some PDF files was empty.
- Fixed an issue where settings pages did not always load or were blank.
- Fixed bug that prevented some HTML files from opening in IE mode.
- Fixed bug where some interactions with the vertical tab bar were not triggered when the search popup was open on the page.
- Fixed an issue where downloads sometimes started without informing the user first, even if a prompt was expected.
- Fixed an issue on a Mac where scrolling was not working properly, especially when using the keyboard.
- Fixed an issue that caused a message to appear asking you to restart Edge to install the update, even if the update was not available for installation.
- Fixed an issue where importing data from other browsers sometimes caused a crash.
- Fixed bug where some parts of the web widget sometimes became invisible when the browser profile or theme was changed.
- Fixed an issue where some parts of web pages were not displaying or functioning properly.
- Fixed an issue where tooltips looked too small or truncated on some websites.
- Fixed an issue where the store exit was not always opened.
- Fixed bug where vertical tabs sometimes forgot their status after switching from vertical to horizontal mode.
- Some extensions, such as. B. the Microsoft Editor extension, do not work under Linux. Once installed, they crash and stop. We are currently investigating this.
- Users of some ad blocker extensions may experience playback errors on Youtube. As a temporary solution, you can disable the extension so you can continue reading. See this reference article for more details.
- Some users are still experiencing the following problem: all tabs and extensions immediately freeze with the STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error message. The most common cause of this error is outdated security software or antivirus software from vendors like Symantec. In this case, updating this software will fix the error.
- Kaspersky Internet Suite users who have the correct extension installed sometimes experience websites such as Gmail not loading. This problem is due to the fact that the main Kaspersky software is outdated. Installing the latest version will fix it.
- Some users still see favorites being duplicated. This issue should decrease with the introduction of automatic deduplication in Insider Channels, but we are still rolling it out in the stable release. We’ve also seen duplicates occur when the manual deduplicator is run on multiple machines before any of them have had a chance to fully synchronize their changes, so make sure there is enough time between running the deduplicator.
- Some users experience oscillation when scrolling with trackpad or touchscreen gestures, where scrolling in one dimension also results in subtle back and forth scrolling in the other dimension. Note that this only affects some websites and seems to be worse on some devices. This is likely due to our work to equate scrolling with inherited behavior of edges. So, if this behavior is unwanted, you can temporarily disable it by unchecking the edge://flags/#edge-experimental-scrolling flag.
This version should install automatically for existing Edge Dev users. You can also force a browser update by opening the Edge settings section on the Info page. You can open it directly by typing edge://settings/help in the address bar.
Finally, you can manually download Edge Dev from the official Insider site.
Please support us.
Vinero is counting heavily on your support. You can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
Sergei Tkachenko 31. March 2021 to Microsoft Edge.
About Sergei Tkachenko
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software developer who founded Winaero in 2011. In this blog Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows and popular software. Follow him on Telegram, Twitter and YouTube.
frequently asked questions
How do I delete my Microsoft account in Edge?
Is Microsoft Edge coming to Linux?
New Microsoft Edge web browser on Linux During the annual Microsoft Ignite 2019 developer conference, a session on the Edge browser indicated that it would be coming to Linux. At Microsoft Ignite 2020 in October, the availability of Microsoft Edge (as a Developer Preview) on Linux was announced.
How do I install Microsoft on Linux?
2021/01 How to install…
microsoft edge manjaro,microsoft edge dev,microsoft edge arch linux,microsoft edge dev browser download,microsoft edge linux sync,microsoft edge linux download,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,microsoft edge linux release date,microsoft edge aur