Microsoft Edge Dev 91.0.845.2 is now available for Insiders. The user can now select and delete multiple passwords at once under edge://settings/passwords. There are also many general corrections and improvements. Here’s the change log.
This version should install automatically for existing Edge Dev users. You can also force a browser update by opening the Edge settings section on the Info page. You can open it directly by typing edge://settings/help in the address bar.
Finally, you can manually download Edge Dev from the official Insider site.
What’s new in Edge Dev 91.0.845.2?
- Added the ability to select and remove multiple passwords at once under edge://settings/passwords.
- Added ability to quickly switch between two tabs on a Mac using keyboard shortcuts. Note that this is already available on Windows by integrating the Edge tab into the Alt+Tab switch.
- Added a settings page for managing Linux certificates.
- Added a message explaining that vertical tabs cannot be collapsed when the tabs are open in IE mode.
- Fixed a crash on Mac.
- Fixed some bugs when closing the browser.
- A bug with the navigation to some pages is fixed.
- Fixed error when opening the menu from the Downloads context menu.
- Fixed bug where logging into the browser with a personal Microsoft account (after it has already been registered) for verification caused Linux to crash.
- Fixed bug where synchronization sometimes fails with the error code NETWORK_CONNECTION_UNAVAILABLE (ERR_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT_NEED).
- Fixed an issue where connection to some websites sometimes failed.
- Fixed an issue where some videos could not be played.
- Fixed problems where Application Guard windows were not always opened.
- Fixed an issue where extensions installed via administrative policies were not always installed.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes there were multiple shortcuts in the Windows Start menu.
- Fixed an issue where some pop-up windows, such as a website prompt or download menu, were truncated or displayed with unexpected scroll bars to show the full content.
- Fixed an issue where selecting the Web Capture pane on some websites did not work.
- Fixed an issue where disabling Offline IE and then visiting a website configured to open in Offline IE sometimes resulted in an infinite loop of pop-ups with the message This action is restricted.
- Fixed bug where the button to switch to child mode was sometimes missing from the profile popup.
- Web capture is temporarily disabled under Linux.
- Some extensions, such as. B. the Microsoft Editor extension, do not work under Linux. Once installed, they crash and stop. We are currently investigating this.
- Users of some ad blocker extensions may experience playback errors on Youtube. As a temporary solution, you can disable the extension so you can continue reading. See this reference article for more details.
- Some users are still experiencing the following problem: all tabs and extensions immediately freeze with the STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error message. The most common cause of this error is outdated security software or antivirus software from vendors like Symantec. In this case, updating this software will fix the error.
- Kaspersky Internet Suite users who have the correct extension installed sometimes experience websites such as Gmail not loading. This problem is due to the fact that the main Kaspersky software is outdated. Installing the latest version will fix it.
- Some users still see favorites being duplicated. This issue should be fixed now that automatic deduplication has been implemented in the Insider channels, but we are still working on rolling it out to the stable release. We’ve also seen duplicates occur when the manual deduplicator is run on multiple machines before any of them have had a chance to fully synchronize their changes, so make sure there is enough time between running the deduplicator.
- Some users experience oscillation when scrolling with trackpad or touchscreen gestures, where scrolling in one dimension also results in subtle back and forth scrolling in the other dimension. Note that this only affects some websites and seems to be worse on some devices. This is likely due to our work to equate scrolling with inherited behavior of edges. So, if this behavior is unwanted, you can temporarily disable it by unchecking the edge://flags/#edge-experimental-scrolling flag.
Please support us.
Vinero is counting heavily on your support. You can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
Sergei Tkachenko 7. April 2021 to Microsoft Edge.
About Sergei Tkachenko
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software developer who founded Winaero in 2011. In this blog Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows and popular software. Follow him on Telegram, Twitter and YouTube.