- Press the Windows key + the R key combination.
- Type msconfig in Run and press Enter to open the System Configuration window in the image below.
- On the General tab, click the Select Startup radio button.
- Then clear the Load startup items check box.
- Select the option Use original boot configuration.
- Select the Services tab (see below).
- On the Services tab, select the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Click Disable All to disable third-party software services.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Then click OK to close the window.
- This will open a dialog box telling you that you may need to restart Windows. Click the Restart button in this dialog box to restart the operating system.
Want more information on how to add or remove startup applications? In this article you will find everything you need to know.
- Some users have solved the screen keyboard problem by disabling the Windows Touch Keyboard service. To do this, type services.msc into the Run menu and click OK.
- In the Services window, double-click the Keyboard and Handwriting Panel service.
- Select Off from the Startup type drop-down list.
- Click Apply to accept the new setting and click OK to close the window.
- The registry contains a DWORD ShowTabletKeyboard that can be configured using the registry editor. Type regedit in the Run text box and click Return to open the window shown in the image below.
- The registry location to look at is HKLM (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)SOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAuthenticationLogonUI
- Double-click ShowTabletKeyboard to open the DWORD editing window shown in the following screenshot.
- If the value of DWORD is 1, delete the value.
- Then enter the value 0 in the data field.
- Click OK to close the DWORD editing window.
Don’t you have access to the registry editor? It’s not as scary as it sounds. Read this guide and solve the problem quickly.
- The quickest way to open System Restore is to type rstrui in Run and click OK.
- Click Next to open the list of restore points.
- Choose a restore point that removes recently installed software. You can click the Scan Affected Programs button to see which programs are deleting restore points.
- Click Next > Done to confirm the selected restore point and restart Windows.
As mentioned earlier, the on-screen keyboard pop-up may be due to newly installed third-party software. You can remove recently installed third-party software with the System Restore utility.
This will restore Windows to the restore point and remove any software installed after the selected date.
Therefore, System Restore can solve the problem if you select a restore point that removes the software that opens the on-screen keyboard.
If you want to know how to create a system restore point, please refer to this step-by-step guide.
A restore point is very useful and can save you a lot of headaches. So make sure you create one using the guide mentioned above.
If the system restore doesn’t work, don’t panic. Read this helpful guide and set things right.
With these permissions, the on-screen virtual keyboard will likely no longer appear in Windows 10. However, don’t forget that the on-screen keyboard can be very useful in tablet mode.
You can still open it manually by typing osk in Run, even if the onscreen keyboard setting is not selected in Windows.
If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below and we’ll look into it.
Feedback,ease of access keeps popping upstop onenote keyboardhow to disable on screen keyboard steamserver 2019 disable on-screen keyboardhow to keep keyboard on-screenhow to stop keyboard from popping up android,People also search for,wacom keyboard keeps popping upcitrix disable on screen keyboardstop onenote keyboarddisable on-screen keyboard windows 7windows 10 on-screen keyboard won’t go awayhow to set virtual keyboard in windows 10,wacom keyboard keeps popping upwindows 10 on-screen keyboard at loginhow to keep keyboard on-screenserver 2019 disable on-screen keyboardhow to disable on screen keyboard steamhow to stop keyboard from popping up android,turn off on-screen keyboard – chromebookwindows 10 on-screen keyboard at logindisable on-screen keyboard windows 7disable on-screen keyboard windows 8disable touch keyboard in tablet modehow to stop keyboard from popping up android,on-screen keyboard keeps popping up ipadkeyboard manager windows 10ease of access keyboarddown arrow key not working in windows 10how to unlock the arrow keys on laptophow to stop keyboard from popping up android,keyboard manager windows 10ease of accesson-screen keyboard shortcuthow to stop keyboard from popping up androidwhy does keyboard keep popping up on ipad,on-screen keyboard keeps popping up windows 7,turn off on-screen keyboard windows 10,windows 10 on-screen keyboard at login,turn off on-screen keyboard windows 10 login,on-screen keyboard keeps popping up on login,how to fix on-screen keyboard windows 10,on-screen keyboard windows 10 settings,how to turn off on-screen keyboard